On December 3, 1975 the Weld County General Hospital Foundation was incorporated as a Colorado not-for-profit organization, and was granted designation as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization by the Internal Revenue Service in October of 1978.
IRS Recognized Charity
The North Colorado Medical Center Foundation, Inc. is exempt from Federal Income Tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. This exemption was granted in October 1978 and remains in full force and effect.
Code of Ethics
The North Colorado Medical Center Foundation exists to fulfill its purpose to develop philanthropic resources to promote and enhance the health of the community and its citizens.
NCMC Foundation staff members aspire to:
Practice their profession with integrity, honesty, truthfulness and adherence to the absolute obligation to safeguard the public trust.
- Act according to the highest standards and visions of their organization, profession and conscience.
- Put philanthropic mission above personal gain.
- Inspire others through their own sense of dedication and high purpose.
- Improve their professional knowledge and skills, so that their performance will better serve others.
- Demonstrate concern for the interests and well-being of individuals affected by their actions.
- Value the privacy, freedom of choice and interests of all those affected by their actions.
- Foster cultural diversity and pluralistic values, and treat all people with dignity and respect.
- Affirm, through personal giving, a commitment to philanthropy and its role in society.
- Adhere to the spirit as well as the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
- Advocate within their organizations, adherence to all applicable laws and regulations.
- Avoid even the appearance of any criminal offense or professional misconduct.
- Bring credit to the fundraising profession by their public demeanor.
- Encourage colleagues to embrace and practice these ethical principles and standards of professional practice.
- Be aware of the codes of ethics promulgated by other professional organizations that serve philanthropy.